Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Fuzzi Bunz have arrived!



I'm so excited! Arrived home today to a UPS package on the doorstep - our first order of cloth diapers. I have spent weeks chatting with friends, reading website reviews, etc. to find the best type of CD (that's Cloth Diaper in Cloth Diaper Lingo, ha) for our family. You might ask, "Why the heck would lazy James and Abbie want to tackle cd'ing?" Well, money and reducing trash were the main reasons. We're trying to save where we can, and the prices of disposables are shocking to me lately. Good quality, well taken care of used cloth diapers have a decent resale value as well. I wanted some that didn't require me to buy new sizes as Maggie grew, so we went with an adjustable one size. I also didn't want to deal with pins and velcro that might curl in the wash, so we did a pocket diaper with snap closures. These things are so stinking cute, pardon the poop pun. I've washed them all and have them in pretty rows waiting for Maggie's cute bum...

UPDATE! We are trying out the cloth diapers on chunky monkey Ryan and they're working! Swishing poop diapers in the potty isn't fun, but I'm on the lookout for a deal on a mini shower that connects to the toilet, making cleaning the diapers much easier. The best advantage I've seen after only a few days is that Ryan's everlasting rash is GONE. I love this. By the way, yes, Ryan is wearing pink and purple diapers until we can purchase more manly colors!

1 comment:

  1. Try out the flushable inserts. Then you won't have to swish poo. They are like dryer sheets that lift out with the doodie and flush! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete