Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Day in the Dirt




Last Saturday I took the boys to my parents' future homesite in Dawsonville. James was on chaperone duty at Six Flags with the middle school band so I needed a reason to get out of the house! Little boys get tired of being indoors with pregnant Mommy very fast. SO, off we went, fresh faced and eager to start the day. I'm not sure why I felt the need to bathe the kids before we left the house...

Here is Jacob and his dump truck moments after jumping out of the car. He pushed his truck around collecting rocks for about an hour...intense focus on the task at hand!

Ryan wasn't so sure about his frog boots. After 3.5 minutes he was back in tennis shoes, and boy are those dirty! He pretty much stayed close to the Kubota, his safe haven from the dump truck monster. He was an observer on this day, not a do-er.


As Jacob grew tired of the dump truck, his eyes were diverted to a convenient mud puddle and the rest was history.

Let me just say that Mary Poole rocks with the Oxy Clean! I will spare you the details on the rest of our day, such as the car battery dying, etc. but we had a wonderful time and J & R slept VERY well that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment