Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

The "OMG This Is So Good" bread recipe

This is in my Breadman baking away right now and WOW my house smells amazing! I've tried a version of this before, but decided it needed more apples and more spice, so here's my OMGTISG bread :)

Cinnamon Apple Raisin Bread

* 2 large Eggs lightly beaten
* 0.25 cup Milk
* 1.5 cups All purpose flour
* 3 teaspoons Baking powder
* 1/3 cup Butter melted
* 1/3 cup Sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon Salt
* 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon light brown sugar

When beep sounds, add:

* 1 small Apple peeled and roughly chopped
* 0.25 cup Raisins
* 0.25 cup Walnuts chopped

Preparation:

Add ingredients in the order recommended by your machine, although I mixed all the wet ingredients together, and all the dry together. I then put the wet at the bottom, and the dry on top, and that worked well.

Bake in the machine, using the cake or light crust cycle, for a 1.5 pound loaf.

I also recommend adding 1 tablespoon of flour to the apple, raisin, nut mixture, to keep them from clumping together, and to absorb some of the moisture from the apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment