Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

back to it!

Tonight's menu serves 3 purposes: fast, healthy, and sure to impress James after he arrives home from the school retreat. It also marks the night that my house gets back to Core (which WeightWatchers thoughtfully changed the name to Simply Filling...sigh...) I've weaned the baby and now can begin my Slimming Down Routine Version 3.0!

I've done it before, I'll do it again.

Truly Easy Tilapia Night
Frozen Mediterranean-style tilapia filets
Whole wheat couscous
1 cup diced tomatoes
3 green onions
Fat free feta, crumbled
2 cups chopped fresh spinach

Zesty Tomato Dressing
5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
6 tablespoons good olive oil
1 garlic clove, diced
1 teaspoon capers, drained
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Thaw and cook tilapia according to package directions. Cook couscous according to package directions. Combine all ingredients for dressing in food processor, serve over couscous and fish atop bed of spinach.

1 comment:

  1. i love couscous! so quick and easy. and that dressing sounds great! and reminds me that I'm out of sundried tomatoes :)

    ReplyDelete